Saturday, January 20, 2007

Tuesday, January 9, 2007
30 minute Great Glutes and Abs class


morning:
2 flaky buiscuits
lunch:
leftover pasta with organic spaghetti sauce
kettle baked chips
afternoon:
Hershey's 100 Calorie Wafer Bar
Dinner:
hamburger grilled with lipton onion soup mix
baked french fries
chocolate milk shake

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

breakfast:
bowl of Frosted Flakes with 1/3 less sugar
lunch:
pasta with alfredo and blackened chicken at Applebee's for Norm's retirement lunch
chocolate milkshake

In the excitement of driving to Maggie Valley, North Carolina with my Christopher and the puppy, I somehow forgot to record Thursday and Friday. : (

Saturday, January 13, 2007
Tons of walking in the mountains…


breakfast at Joey's Pancake House
french toast and sausage
two mugs of hot chocolate
dinner:
chicken nuggets from Wendy's
Frosty
two biscuits from KFC

Sunday, January 14, 2007
Lots of walking again but also an hour and 45 minutes of snow tubing!!! Yes, snow tubing!!


breakfast
pancakes and sausage, made by yours truly
one mug of hot chocolate
lunch at Bogart's
chicken strips
handful of fries from Chris' plate
dinner at J Arthur's
prime rib
pasta with alfredo sauce
mini hot fudge sundae

Joey's was deeeelish! They used a combination of powdered sugar and cinnamon on the french toast... I definitely have to remember that for my own! And the hot chocolate... to die for!
We also bought two of their mugs to remember them by...
It has become a bit of a tradition. When we went on our Savannah trip, we went out one evening to Moon River, a restaurant that brews their own beer. We ordered our beers in their souvenir glasses but they were sold out. So, I ordered two glasses online (I was a bit grumpy at them since I had to then pay shipping and handling) for Chris for Christmas... great minds think alike. He ordered two glasses for me as well!
Anyway, the point is that we like to get glasses (or mugs) from the places we go.

Ooooh... and I had almost forgotten how much I love the biscuits at Kentucky Fried Chicken. I haven't eaten there in years... but I remembered how much I liked them as a kid and how fluffy and yum they are... so we ran through the drive through... mmm... those are gonna be my new treat!

I also made another discovery this weekend.
I
don't
like
prime
rib.
Chris tried to warn me that it wasn't the same as steak... but when she read the special that included the hot fudge sundae, I was hooked.
Next time, I'll get something I know I like and just pay the extra for the sundae! : )


Monday, January 15, 2007
Sat on my butt in the car for hours…
We did listen to the third book in the Chronicles of Narnia, A Horse and His Boy. When I said I wanted the series, I meant the books. But my parents got me the CD’s… at first I wasn’t so excited because I don’t have a CD player in my car (I know, I know) but with all the road trips Chris and I have been taking, they’ve been wonderful! Truly. I love listening to them!!

ate a Butterfinger in the car...

also stopped at Hardee's on the drive home...
had a burger, fries, and a chocolate milkshake.

stopped later at a gas station where I got a strawberry Fanta and a bag of Ruffles cheddar and sour cream... to my credit though, I didn't eat the whole thing!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007
30 minute Great Glutes and Abs class


breakfast:
bowl of Frosted Flakes (still 1/3 the sugar)
lunch:
peanut butter and jelly sandwich along with the leftover Ruffles from the drive home
pumpkin truffle from Swiss Colony
afternoon:
Hershey's 100 Calorie wafer bar
dinner:
chicken stuffed shells with alfredo sauce
slice of texas toast with cheese
bite of Chris' white chocolate macadamia nut cookie from Subway where we went later to meet Raines and Brian, Chris' friends since high school.
Chris later got a text from Raines... both guys liked me!!! Yay!

Wednesday, January 17, 2006
Lazy bones… the rain made me do it!


breakfast:
bowl of Frosted Flakes (still 1/3 the sugar)
lunch:
leftover chicken stuffed shells
two slices of toast with peanut butter
dinner:
pasta with my organic spaghetti sauce… with some hamburger thrown in


Thurday, January 18, 2007
1 hour step class


breakfast:
4 slices peanut butter toast
lunch:
leftover pasta with spaghetti sauce
afternoon:
100 Calorie Hershey Wafer Bar
chips and salsa
dinner:
mmm... steak (from Omaha Steaks)
and thai noodles
evening:
hershey kisses : )

Friday, January 19, 2007

breakfast:
bowl of Frosted Flakes (1/3 the sugar)
lunch:
peanut butter and jelly (choke cherry jelly!!) sandwich
bowl of regular Corn Flakes
1 Fruit Roll up (I'm quite sure my tongue is currently blue because of it!)
afternoon:
another fruit roll up
evening:
one yuengling
a couple chips from a huge plate of nachos in the middle of the table at Amada’s happy hour planned at Ale House
a handful of Hershey Kisses while lying in bed reading before falling asleep

You may have noticed I haven’t been regularly weighing myself. I read this article the other day so now I’ve got to decide when I’m gonna do this. Not that I’ve been running… I just mean the weighing part.

Weigh In
Routinely stepping on the scale and checking body weight is another key way NWCR participants stay on the losing side. To keep that routine from becoming obsessive, don't weigh yourself more than once a week. (You might want to forgo the scale at home to resist temptation.) There are normal weight fluctuations throughout the day-especially for runners around workouts-of anywhere from a pound to 10 pounds, depending on how much fluid you've consumed. To keep an accurate gauge, weigh yourself on the same day of the week, at the same time, say, Saturday morning before your run when you're well hydrated.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think your blog is boring. You can tell a lot about a person by what she eats :)

I've been to Moon River.

Some people don't use scales at all. They measure themselves to guage their progress, so they don't get all caught up in the "number" aspect. However, measuring yourself results in a number too, so I suppose that could get obsessive as well.

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home